How can I prevent cavities with tooth-colored fillings?
Once you get a cavity in a tooth, you must fill the cavity to prevent it from spreading. When you have a cavity filled, the filling takes the place of the infected material that your dentist needed to remove to save your tooth.
Dental fillings are permanent, and you can’t ever get back the tooth material that you lost. You can, however, prevent additional cavities in the future.
If you have tooth-colored fillings in Summerville, SC, it’s vital to protect your teeth, so you don’t sustain additional dental decay. Some of the ways you can prevent additional cavities include:
- Drinking fluoride-treated water instead of soda and juice
- Limiting your snacks between meals
- Brushing your teeth after every meal
- Flossing every night before you go to bed
- Visiting your Summerville “dentist near me” at least every six months for teeth cleanings
- Rinsing with mouthwash at least once per day
- Chewing sugarless gum after eating to promote saliva production
Cavities cannot be “cured” without dental fillings, but the good news is they are highly preventable.
At Azalea Dental, we provide dental fillings in Summerville, SC should you ever discover that you have a cavity. To schedule a dental filling appointment with our dentist, please call us today!