Which Orthodontic Option Best Matches Your Lifestyle?
These days it’s common for adults to have orthodontic treatment. There are so many options that don’t involve wearing metal braces for years, so if you’re thinking about straightening your smile, there was never a better time to do it!
Orthodontics Improve Your Oral Health
Most adults seek orthodontics because they want a more attractive smile. But fixing tooth misalignments also has oral health benefits. Crooked or crowded teeth can hurt and lead to bite problems and even TMJ. Most importantly, it’s very difficult to perform effective oral hygiene with misaligned teeth, which can result in tooth decay and gum disease.
Treatment Options to Fit Your Lifestyle
Two options are very popular with adults today – clear aligners and Six Month Smiles. Each offers a unique approach to straightening teeth that provide several benefits:
Adults prefer clear aligners for several reasons:
- The smooth plastic aligners are crystal clear and fit snugly over your teeth, so no one has to know you’re in treatment.
- There are no metal brackets and wires to poke into delicate tissues in your mouth.
- Treatment is convenient because the aligners are removable for eating and oral hygiene.
- Mild to moderate misalignments and crowding can be corrected in as little as 12 to 15 months.
Six Month Smiles
Six Month Smiles is an excellent treatment option for adults with crooked teeth who only want to improve the esthetics of their smile. Six Month Smiles also offers several benefits:
- Treatment times are fast – often as little as Six Months – because the goal is to move only the teeth that show when you smile.
- Clear brackets and tooth-colored wires make treatment more discreet than metal braces.
- The cost is often less than comprehensive orthodontic treatment because treatment times are fast.
Please Call Us for a Consultation
If you are an adult who’s considering orthodontics in Summerville, you owe it to yourself to call Azalea Dental and arrange a commitment-free consultation with Dr. Thomas Riley. He will talk to you about your goals for a better smile, explain your options, and help you make an informed decision about treatment.