Are you looking for a new dentist in the Summerville, SC area? Maybe your former dentist retired or just doesn’t serve your family’s needs any longer.
Before you begin your search, here are a few tips to help you find a dentist who’s the perfect fit for your family.
- Get word-of-mouth referrals: Talk to friends and relatives about their dentists to find out about their experience with a particular dentist. Would they feel confident referring you to this dentist? If you can’t get a referral from a friend, pay attention to online reviews and testimonials that let you see how the dentist is doing according to actual patients.
- Do your research: Go online and check out the bios of local dentists to see how their training meshes with your family’s needs. If you have a referral for a particular dentist, surf the web to learn more about their training and experience.
- Consider location: You don’t want to sacrifice top-notch dental care for a short commute. But if you have a busy family, you probably don’t want to make regular trips to a dentist who is a 30-minute drive away. Also, a location close to home allows your older kids to easily drive or ride their bike to a dentist in your neighborhood.
- Check convenience of hours: It’s pretty hard to fit everything your family needs to do between the hours of 9 and 5. A considerate dentist will offer extended early morning or late evening hours to accommodate all your family’s needs.
- Confirm emergency availability: You can’t anticipate a sudden toothache, and when you need relief, you need it right away. Look for a dentist who will get you in as quickly as possible if you have a problem. Most dentists do have emergency hours, but it’s better to know for sure that someone is available if you need them.
We hope this information is helpful, and we wish you luck in your search! If you are looking for a dentist and would like to learn more about the services we offer at our Summerville, SC dental office, please give us a call!